Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Playing with my beads...Mini Bridges Bracelet samples


Claire, from Supply Emporium, has come up with a way to make her "Bridges Bracelet" with Mini Silky beads and MiniDuos. If you buy her pattern, you get both versions for one price HERE. I blogged about the original "Bridges Bracelet" HERE, HERE and HERE. I got a few colors of Mini Silky beads back when they first came out but I've been kind of stumped for ideas to make with them. Claire's bracelet is a great way to use them.


  • 15/0 seed beads Toho "Antique Bronze" (223)
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Antique Bronze" (223)
  • Mini Silky beads "Chalk Red Luster"
  • 2mm Czech pearls "Antique Ivory"
  • MiniDuo beads "Ruby Luster"

I made two samples in this colorway because of an issue that I ran into while making the top sample. The instructions call for 11/0 seed beads between each motif. Although you can't tell in the photo, this caused the sample to warp. I made the second sample with 15/0 beads between the motifs and that one is nice and flat. It turns out the beads you're using can make a difference. You'll just have to try it with 11/0 beads first and see how that goes. If the stitching warps, use 15/0 seed beads instead. Of my four colorway samples, I was only able to use 11/0 beads in one of them.


  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Hematite Green Iris aka Metallic Green" (453)
  • Mini Silky beads "Green Luster"
  • 2mm druks "Hematite"
  • MiniDuo beads "Metallic Suede Light Green"


  • 15/0 seed beads Toho "Gold Lustered Light Tanzanite" (325)
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Gold Lustered Light Tanzanite" (325)
  • Mini Silky beads "Purple Vega"
  • 2mm fire polished beads "Iris Milky Amethyst"
  • MiniDuo beads "Chalk Vega aka Amethyst Luster"

Besides the pink one above, this sample is the only other one that I used 11/0 seed beads between the motifs. I actually tried it first with 15/0 beads but it came out too wonky.


  • 15/0 seed beads Toho "Nickel Plated" (711)
  • Mini Silky beads "Green Turquoise"
  • 2mm fire polished beads "Jet"
  • MiniDuo beads "Jet"
 

2 comments: