Sunday, September 24, 2017

Bracelet of the Day: Bridges Bracelet - Alabaster Senegal


BRIDGES BRACELET
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Antique Bronze" (223)
  • Silky beads "Alabaster Senegal"
  • 3mm fire polished beads "Opaque Gold and Smoky Topaz Luster"
  • SuperDuo beads "Matte Chalk Bronze" (see note below)
  • 12mm Czech flower button "Golden Pink Picasso"


Claire from Supply Emporium sent me some of these cute Czech flower buttons so that I could try making a button and loop clasp like she uses on a lot of her bracelets. It worked quite well except that I made my bracelet slightly too short. When I use magnetic clasps on my bracelets, I have some leeway because I can add extra jump rings if they come out a little snug. With a button and loop fastening, you have to guess right on the length or make the bracelet over again. If I were to add another motif it would come out too long. So, my plan is to add another little section of four seed beads and a fire polished bead on the end near the button.
 

NOTE: I have only seen these SuperDuos in one Etsy shop and they no longer have them in stock.



You can buy Claire's "Bridges Bracelet" pattern HERE. You'll find the Czech flower buttons HERE.



 

3 comments: