Saturday, June 3, 2017

Playing with my beads...Bisaneta bracelet samples


I blogged recently about THIS bracelet and decided to try a few more colorways with this design using DiamonDuos and GemDuos. As I mentioned previously, there is no pattern for this bracelet but there is a YouTube video tutorial HERE for a very similar bracelet called "Bardot". The main difference is the placement of the netting along the outer edge. I make mine using a different method from the one in the video. I start by making the first clasp loop and I also add my netting as I create each motif. In the video she creates the base of DiamonDuos and SuperDuos first then goes back up and down the length of the bracelet adding the netting beads and clasp loops. The end result looks the same and you can easily add the netting beads where Bisaneta does instead of where she puts them in the video.

I have a few more color ideas that I'd like to try but I've got a new bracelet pattern that I'm working on and I'd like to finish it first. I think you'll like it.


  • 15/0 seed beads Toho "Light Tanzanite Gold Luster" (325)
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Light Tanzanite Gold Luster" (325)
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Light Tanzanite Gold Luster" (325)
  • GemDuo beads "Chalk Vega Purple"
  • SuperDuo beads "Polychrome Black Raspberry"

This was the first colorway that I tried. I like it but it's a little plain.


  • 15/0 seed beads Toho "Light Tanzanite Gold Luster" (325)
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Light Tanzanite Gold Luster" (325)
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Light Tanzanite Gold Luster" (325)
  • GemDuo beads "Chalk Vega Purple"
  • SuperDuo beads "Polychrome Black Raspberry"
  • SuperDuo beads "Metallic Suede Blue"

I used the same beads in this sample but I added a pop of color with come blue SuperDuos. As you can see, I goofed and added one of the blue beads in the wrong place. Oops!


  • 15/0 seed beads Toho "Light Tanzanite Gold Luster" (325)
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Light Tanzanite Gold Luster" (325)
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Light Tanzanite Gold Luster" (325)
  • GemDuo beads "Chalk Vega Purple"
  • SuperDuo beads "Pastel Bordeaux"
  • SuperDuo beads "Satin Metallic Arctic Blue"

I kept the same GemDuos and seed beads for this sample but went with lighter SuperDuo colors this time.


  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Metallic Chocolate" (461)
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Metallic Chocolate" (461)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Metallic Chocolate" (461)
  • DiamonDuo beads "Cocoa Airy Pearl"
  • SuperDuo beads "Matte Chalk Picasso"


  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Pewter" (4222)
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Pewter" (4222)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Pewter" (4222)
  • DiamonDuo beads "Cocoa Airy Pearl"
  • SuperDuo beads "Green Turquoise/Ivory Nebula Duets"

This is one of my favorite colorways.


  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (457L)
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (457L)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (457L)
  • GemDuo beads "Jet"
  • SuperDuo beads "Opaque Ivory"

I like this colorway but I think it could be improved by adding a third SuperDuo color in the center of each trio.


  • 15/0 seed beads Toho "Metallic Bronze Iris" (83)
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Metallic Bronze Iris" (83)
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Metallic Bronze Iris" (83)
  • DiamonDuo beads "Metallic Green"
  • SuperDuo beads "Red Luster"
  • SuperDuo beads "Black/White Red Luster Duets"

I tried two different placements for the "Duets" in this sample to see which way looked better. I've decided that I like the motif on the left best with the darker side of the Duet beads facing the center of the motif.


  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Metallic Hematite" (451)
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Metallic Hematite" (451)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Metallic Hematite" (451)
  • GemDuo beads "Chalk Blue Luster"
  • SuperDuo beads "Black/White Blue Luster Duets"

This colorway is another favorite.


  • 15/0 seed beads Toho "Olympic Bronze" (224)
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Olympic Bronze" (224)
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Olympic Bronze" (224)
  • DiamonDuo beads "Pastel Petrol"
  • SuperDuo beads "Metallic Antique Copper"


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these colourway experiments with us - it is so interesting to see them. Look forward to seeing the design you are working on too

    ReplyDelete