Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Pattern Review - Star Earrings


I ran across a photo of these earrings on Pinterest recently. What attracted me to them was that they are made with DiamonDuo and Crescent beads which I have a lot of. Although I've accumulated a nice assortment of Crescent beads but I don't have many patterns for them. I bought them mainly to make Ellad2's "Tara Earrings" which I've blogged about several times. I had also recently bought two tubes of the new Toho Demi Round beads and hadn't tried them out yet and this pattern calls for those too.

This pattern is from Maria at The Bead Club Lounge on Etsy and you can buy it HERE. I have watched some of her YouTube beading tutorials before but had never bought any of her patterns until now. Check out Maria's YouTube channel HERE.

Maria's instructions are very clear and there are good photo illustrations for each step. I made my first two samples according to the directions except for the top loop. I added a different kind of loop on one of them and didn't make a loop at all on the second one. I just added an 8/0 seed bead at the top to attach a jump ring to. I also did that with my third sample.

I used Toho seed beads to make the purple and blue samples and used the Demi Round beads in both of those. When I made my third sample with Miyuki seed beads, I decided to try leaving out the Demi Round beads because neither of the colors that I have go well with Miyuki's dark bronze seed beads. It came out very well but it's much smaller than the two Toho samples. It cups more too but I like it just as well as the others.


  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Bronze Antique Gold" (225)
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Bronze Antique Gold" (225)
  • 8/0 Toho Demi Round beads "Bronze Antique Gold" (225)
  • DiamonDuo beads "Chalk Lumi Purple"
  • CzechMates Crescent beads "Metallic Suede Gold"


  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Antique Bronze" (223)
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Antique Bronze" (223)
  • 8/0 Toho Demi Round beads "Antique Bronze" (223)
  • DiamonDuo beads "Chalk Lumi Blue"
  • CzechMates Crescent beads "Milky Amethyst Luster Iris"


  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • DiamonDuo beads "Chalk Lumi Green"
  • CzechMates Crescent beads "Oxidized Bronze Clay"
 

3 comments:

  1. Always good to see different uses for crescent beads which seem to work very well with the diamond shapes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the lovely review! I really appreciate it! It's so nice to see a photo of the finished piece when others use one of my patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria. It's my pleasure. I hope that my review will help you sell some patterns.

      Delete