Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Beading News - New Halo Ethereal beads


Look what came in the mail yesterday! Aren't they gorgeous? The colors are the same as the original "Halo" beads but they're opaque instead of transparent. I love the original Halo beads but their transparency is sometimes a problem because the thread can show through them. Now we've got the best of both worlds - opaque beads and a glorious glittery golden Halo finish. I'm hoping that they will come out with SuperDuos in these same colors soon.

The only place that I've seen the fire polished beads online is Simply Beads. They just had a site-wide 25% off sale last week so I bought 3mm and 4mm in four colors. The colors that I got are Halo Ethereal Shadows (blue), Halo Ethereal Cherub (pink), Halo Ethereal Regal (purple) and Halo Ethereal Heavens (aqua). The quickest way to find them on their site is to do a search for "Halo Ethereal". The search will bring up all of the fire polished beads and also some Rose Petal beads.

I just did a quick Google search and there are some Etsy shops that have them, including Haute Hobby. I also found them on a bead site called The Bead Obsession.

Be sure to click on the photo above to see it full size so you can see how pretty these are.

 

4 comments:

  1. These are absolutely gorgeous Linda. Thanks for sharing this info. I, too, love the "halo" finish and have used halo beads a lot. One problem I find is that the "halo" coating has a tendency to plug up the bead holes and stick to the openings. I then have to scrape each bead a little to get rid of the residue. It's a pain! Has anyone else ever had this problem with the "halo" finish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've also had that problem sometimes with the regular Halo fire polished beads. Some of the Ethereal ones also have bits of the finish near the holes but they don't seem quite as bad as the other ones.

      Delete
  2. Linda, Thank you so much for mentioning me in your blog post! I just had a really nice sale that came from you link, so THANK YOU! I hope you'll checkout my site and use discount code "firsttime20" to receive 20% off your first order with us. xoxo Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jamie. I'm glad to hear that you got a sale because of my blog. I had never seen your site before yesterday so I will definitely take a look around. Thanks for the discount code.

      Delete