Saturday, July 4, 2015

Bracelet of the Day: Cindy Bracelet - Chalk Lazure Blue



CINDY BRACELET
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Metallic Chocolate" (461)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "White Opaque Blue Luster" (55054)
  • 4mm druks "Blue Luster"
  • Silky beads "Alabaster Lazure Blue"

I just finished working on my "Silky Cameo Bracelet" pattern yesterday so I finally have time now to make some new beadwork to post here. This bracelet is one that I've been planning to make for a while but I got busy with other projects. I adapted this from a pattern that was in the April/May 2015 issue of Bead & Jewellery Magazine. The pattern that gave me the idea is called "Petals & Pearls Bracelet" by Donna Sanders. I used the "Chain Variation" of the pattern which was intended to be used as the chain in a necklace. I think it makes a perfect little bracelet.

I named my version "Cindy Bracelet" after my sister. It's just the sort of style that she likes. I replaced the SuperDuos with Silky beads. Although the bracelet is quite thin, it has a nice weight because of the heavy Silky beads.


I needed to make some earrings that were small enough to go well with this dainty little bracelet. "SuperDuo Flower Chain Earrings" is my go-to pattern when I need to make some small earrings quickly. You can download the free pattern from THIS post or from the list of free beading patterns on the right side of my blog. 

Although there aren't any SuperDuos in the bracelet, these are the same color as the Silky beads and the druks in the bracelet. Just as I did with the bracelet, I used Miyuki "hybrid" 8/0 seed beads to attach the jump ring because Miyuki doesn't make 8/0 beads in the metallic chocolate color. I bought them from Haute Hobby on Etsy. That's the only place where I've seen that color.

SUPERDUO FLOWER CHAIN EARRINGS

  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Metallic Chocolate" (461)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "White Opaque Blue Luster" (55054)
  • SuperDuo beads "Chalk Lazure Blue"



6 comments:

  1. Dear Linda: Will you be making this pattern available as one of your free tutorials? It is such a charming bracelet I know my niece would love it. Thank you for your beading blog. I stumbled upon it last Fall and have enjoyed it ever since. Count me as one of your many fans! DB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, but I can't post the pattern because it's based on someone else's design. However, the magazine that I found it in is still available online HERE

      Delete
  2. Hi Linda, a friend pointed me in your direction this morning after she saw your bracelet. I love what you did with it! It honestly never occurred to me to try it with other 2-hole beads so I am really pleased you did. Would you mind if I shared your blog post on my FB page?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donna. It's nice to meet you. Yes, you may share this on your Facebook page. What's the link? I'd love to see it. Do you have any other patterns for sale online?

      Delete
    2. Thank you Linda. My FB page is Delicate Sparkles and yes, I do sell patterns online either in my Etsy store (Beady Notions) via email, or for instant download in my Payhip store (payhip.com/delicatesparkles).

      Delete