Sunday, January 25, 2015

Mandala Earrings

I adapted these earrings from a free Czech tutorial that you can find HERE on the The Redheaded Cat - Beads blog. There is a pendant pattern on that page and the earring pattern is below that near the bottom of the page. Here is a photo of the earrings from the blog:
The Redheaded Cat's Original Earrings
It has been quite some time since I made these earrings but I remember that I changed a few things. I'd love to tell you what I did differently but I don't remember after all this time. It should be relatively easy to figure it out from the photo.

I've only made one completed pair of these earrings but I have tried the same beads two different ways as you can see below:


  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
  • SuperDuo beads "Chalk Green Luster"
  • SuperDuo beads "Jet"
  • Drop beads "Black - #C04 " (Beads One)

I liked them both very much but I found that the black ones didn't show up well when I tried them on. All I could see against my dark hair were the green beads in the middle.


No comments:

Post a Comment