Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Silver Moon Earrings - Sage Green and Pewter


SILVER MOON EARRINGS
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Galvanized Pewter" (D4222)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Galvanized Pewter" (D4222)
  • 8/0 seed beads "Sage Green Luster" (8-431M) *
  • 4mm bicones "Vitral Green - #C50" (Beads One)
  • 3mm druks "Green Marble Luster Picasso"
* I don't know the brand and couldn't find any info about them online. There was no color name on the tube so the name I've given them is my own interpretation.

For more information about Jaycee's free "Silver Moon Earrings" pattern, and where to download it, read my previous post HERE.

Here are a few more tips for this pattern:

1. As I make each of the petals, I right away weave back around through them one more time before adding the next petal.

2. After I've added the loop for the earring wire, I weave around the entire perimeter of the earring to give it more stability. I go through the seed beads on the outer edge of each petal and go through each bicone to the next petal and so on. Once I've gone all the way around, and back through the loop for good measure, I weave in my working thread and cut it off.

3. I use the tail thread to circle around the inner ring of 8/0 seed beads two or three times before cutting the thread.

4. I recommend using Nymo D thread for these earrings. It gives them a little more body than finer thread would. You will also need to use a size 12 needle because there are some tight spots to go through.

 

1 comment:

  1. I have made this evenings. It was very simple. Love the tip you gave at the end and your color combos.

    ReplyDelete