Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Bracelet of the Day: Double Diamond - Coral Pink

DOUBLE DIAMOND
  • 4mm fire polished beads "Coral Pink"
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Metallic Chocolate" (11-461)

This was one of the very first beading patterns that I learned and is a combination of two different free patterns that I found online. I mainly follow Robyn's pattern, which you can find HERE, but there is something I didn't care for in her version that I like better in THIS pattern from Interweave. When Robyn adds the seed bead diamonds between the fire polished beads, she only puts three beads instead of four in each corner so the thread shows where it jumps across to the adjacent fire polished bead. But, I prefer the smaller, in-between motifs of Robyn's pattern over the jumbled beads between the Beading Daily version. I may have also made some other small changes to the way I make this pattern.

UPDATE 5/27/23: I removed a link in this post because it went to an infected website.

Here are some samples that I made to illustrate the difference between the Beading Daily connector motifs and how I made mine:



The top example shows a couple of ways that I sometimes make my motifs. The bottom one shows the problem I ran into when I followed the Beading Daily tutorial. There is no distinct design to the cluster of seed beads between the main motifs.

I should mention that if you want to copy and paste Robyn's tutorial into a text document to print it out, there is text that you can't see on the website because of the large black ReoCities banner that covers up most of the page. If you drag your cursor over the black area, the text will appear white when highlighted and you can copy it. There are three pages to that tutorial so don't forget to click the arrow at the bottom of the page to get to the next page.



By the way, I made a very pretty bracelet last night to go with the "Little Dots" earrings that I posted about yesterday. I'll post details and photos once I've had a chance to make the final pair of earrings. I think they'll make a lovely set.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment