Sunday, February 16, 2014

Bracelet of the Day: India Bracelet

 
INDIA BRACELET
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (11-457D)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (8-457D)
  • 4mm rondelles (#C04 Black - Beads One)
  • SuperDuo beads "Luster Gold"
I just made today's bracelet yesterday. My Dad asked me to make a bracelet for my step-mother's birthday to match some black and bronze earrings that I sent her recently. I thought this design would go very well with them. The earrings have black rondelles in them so I wanted to use the same rondelles in her bracelet.

I actually figured this stitch out by looking at some bracelet photos that I saw on another site but you can buy the pattern here: Schéma India. I don't recall if I've ever tried the pattern using bicones but it works great with 4mm rondelles and also with 4mm fire polished beads. When I used fire polished beads, I had to use 4mm druks in between the motifs instead of 8/0 seed beads.



HERE'S a link to the photo that I came across on the Orsi gyöngyei blog before I knew that the pattern was for sale on DaWanda. There is also a pretty version on Puca's blog, HERE

 

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Linda. Happened to see this on Pinterest today (4-12-22). Is there a pattern for the earrings? Love them! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bobbie. They're called "Easy Earrings" and I followed THIS video.

      Delete
    2. I blogged about the "Easy Earrings" HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE.

      Delete